Monday, November 9, 2009

Motivational Monday

It's Monday evening and I've run out of motivation. Usually this happens Thursday. I guess my internal motivation-o-meter didn't stop as it usually does last Thursday, so it thinks that today is Thursday and dried up the well. Maybe a good night's sleep will replenish it. Or maybe like Frodo I won't be able to sleep and I'll look into the well and see the future. And the future will have flying cars and phones that aren't connected to the wall so you can carry around in your pocket. Double readings in 3 classes isn't helping anything. Though I did read an opinion for Civ Pro where the judge clearly just watched Wayne's World: "In short, Prime Time's most bogus attempt at removal is 'not worthy' and the Defendants must 'party on' in state court." Noble v. Bradford Marine, Inc., 789 F. Supp. 395 (S.D. Fla. 1992). Yes, I included proper citation because I am being slowly brainwashed and do not wish to be marked down. A legal automaton. Who doesn't have enough quarters to do laundry, which is quite the problem.

Last night I went to see Nakul perform at the Kennedy Center. A little Puccini, that doing anything for you? While it isn't exactly my thing, it was really cool to go see. After the performance people (his parents and classmates who do music) were critiquing aspects of it, like the orchestra and the soloists. This is one area where I have absolutely no expertise and, as such, have no right to be critical. (Uncharacteristic, huh?) I thought it was all pretty cool. I also like the Kennedy Center and really want to go see the Nutcracker there. Yes, I like ballet. No, I don't think that's emasculating. ("What? I don't think it's a gay drink.") After the show we went to Ethiopian food, which I had never tried before. For a country without food, they know how to cook food pretty well. Some delicious lamb, beef, and shrimp occurred. Though I'm not quite sold on the community aspect of the food. It seems unsanitary somehow. Also the no silverware...not completely convinced. I'll probably just have to try it again sometime. My big accomplishment of the meal came from eating a stuffed jalapeno pepper without complaint. That's right, I'm a big strong man because I can eat spicy food. That's how you prove your masculinity subsequent to admitting you like ballet I guess. Well that meal certainly left me smiling and satisfied. (The Office, anyone?)

A couple of nights ago while I was sleeping I knocked my bedside water cup over and woke up because I spilled water on myself. That was an unpleasant 3 am surprise. Come to think of it just about anything that happens surprisingly at 3 am when I have been sleeping is an unpleasant surprise. If the lottery called me up at 3 am to tell me that I won millions of dollars I'd probably be pissed for a little while. Then I'd buy a Bentley.

No comments:

Post a Comment