Thursday, October 13, 2011

Seasonal Decor

I thought it would be an 'adult' thing to do to purchase seasonal candy and put it in a bowl in my living room. House guests and residents alike can thereby enjoy a small amount of candy, thoughtfully placed near them. But here's the problem: I bought candy corn. A lot of candy corn. And candy corn is strangely addictive. Something about that sugary chemical taste you just can't get enough of. As a result, I keep snacking on candy corn like it's my job. Yesterday I had a self-proclaimed "Day without Candy Corn." And it was difficult! Tonight I've only been home for about two hours, and I've already had...half a bag? Maybe more, but who can say. Let's round down. And it's making my stomach hurt. Every time! My thoughtful, seasonal, adult gesture turned into a monster.

I blame CVS for making bags of candy corn 99 cents.

Today at work I was invited to a meeting. But I was never told the time or location of the meeting, so I went to lunch. When I returned, I found a note on my chair telling me the room number the meeting was in. So I went downstairs and looked around, but none of the rooms had that number on it. A lot of rooms, however, were not numbered at all it seemed. I found a room with a meeting, but I wasn't sure if it was my meeting so I skipped it.
Benefits: attending an informative meeting; making attorneys happy
Detriments: vast potential for embarrassment if that was the wrong meeting.
Choose your own adventure. If you walk in, with confidence go to page 19. If touch the door knob and the slink away silently, go to page 32. I went back upstairs and skipped the meeting. I did not slink!

Hell's Kitchen: a healthy addiction. Much healthier than heroin.

At lunch with about 8 paralegals, there was an argument about the best fast food burritos. It was mostly Chipotle vs. California Tortilla vs. Qdoba. I think Qdoba is disqualified automatically for having a stupid name. But the argument is ultimately futile. All bow down before Anna's Taqueria. It is known.

No comments:

Post a Comment