Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Occupy Shawlstreet.

Where does time go? I feel like there is never time to do anything. And I also feel like I never get anything done. Conundrum. Oh, I know. No time!

I want to open an investment bank called "Our Children's Future." The advertising writes itself. And it's so inspiring.

At least I'm not sick anymore. I can do fun things like mimosa brunch (last Sunday with Ryan, Jess, and Kait). Mimosa brunch really messes up the rest of the day. You have only two choices. Take a nap or keep drinking. I had to work on my moot court brief, so napping wasn't an option. I just had to keep drinking beer, watching football, and writing a section of my brief. Of course, the next morning I had to rewrite most of that section. But I got one really good paragraph that I didn't have to change. I must have been really focusing for that one. But the brief is done and turned in. Huge relief.
What will you do now that the brief is done, I was asked. That's a good question. Probably do my regular homework. I'll actually do my reading, rather than simply just looking at the pages. I'll try to teach myself Evidence, since my professor doesn't seem up to the task. And I'll do practical things like laundry and cleaning. I need time for that stuff. It took me a week to replace my toothpaste! I kept doing that thing where you squeeze the heck out of the entire tube just to get enough to brush your teeth. Oral hygiene shouldn't require that much of a struggle.

With Yom Kippur last weekend, I have had four or five days where I was unable to eat solid food in the past three months. That's a lot. I still really appreciate solid food. I take that as an excuse to eat lots of Pop Tarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment