Thursday, August 25, 2011

This Is The Story of the Hurricane - Not That Punny

I think Qaddafi is hiding out in Pakistan. That would be so funny. Just my guess.

I switched my flight back to DC because of the hurricane, just as a precaution. A better safe than sorry thing. Storms are supposed to start in DC on Saturday afternoon, and my flight was scheduled to arrive Saturday afternoon, so why risk it? Instead, I will be flying down tomorrow night.
But logistics aside, people are really worried about the hurricane. Why? It's bad weather, worse than usual, yes, but still just bad weather. You can't really do anything about it. Buying water and candles is one thing, but stockpiling canned meals is another. Home Depot sold out of batteries apparently. Knowing DC residents (from Snowpocalypse), they will be buying anything left on the shelf. Why? You aren't going into hibernation. It's just a really bad storm. If you are really that worried, I think your time may be better spent building an altar to Zeus.

Tonight I let Groupon do the work for me. I often don't buy into these internet fad things. But somehow I like these discount deals. I mean, of course I like the discount, but more than that I like that they help me choose which restaurant to go to. Tonight I had dinner with Leah and Erica, which was very fun and good to see them. I didn't know where to go, but Groupon had a huge deal on the nicest restaurant in town, so we went there and ate great food for cheap. Not to mention being vaguely underdressed for the formality of the restaurant, but that somehow made it even better. Especially when dinner conversation involves topics perhaps inappropriate for the setting. But the end result: so much pasta, can't move. Thanks for making a great decision for me, Groupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment