Monday, August 29, 2011

How Was Your First Day?

My biggest reflection on the first day of classes has to do with my Evidence professor. He is an older, portly man who just likes to sit down in random places in the room while he is talking. Plop is really a better word to describe what he does. He just sat down on the table, kicked his legs up, and kept talking about "the elephant in the room" with regards to evidence law for some reason. My favorite part of the class is that while moving around his seating, he ended up teaching about half of the class while sitting in the window sill like a cat. Except he is notably un-cat-like.

My Antitrust professor is just old and kind. Is he a Mormon? I don't know. Maybe. Supply and demand curves almost gave me anxiety, but I mastered the fear. Yes, Intro to Economics was my far and away worst grade in college. I'm not proud of it. But I am facing my fear. Plus I have a few good friends in the class, which helps motivate me to stay. Also, it can be a really useful subject. But there's a lot of reading. And I don't wanna do it. Quiet, stop whining. Suck it up, get back into the rhythm. Deal with it. Alright, fine.

I pissed off a bus driver so badly today by repeating my question twice when his first response was a noncommittal grunt. Sorry, grunting bus driver, sorry to ruin your nonverbal day. Drive the bus now. More speed, less attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment