Saturday, May 14, 2011

This Is the Tale

I tried to write about it the night it happened, but I was too full of sugar: Ron, Shaked and I went to Max Brenner and ate a chocolate pizza. Yeah, that's exactly what it sounds like. And we got it "loaded." A sweet pizza-type crust topped with melted chocolate, bananas, hazelnuts, marshmallows, and peanut butter sauce. It was delicious and sent me into an immediate sugar high as we walked down Newbury Street in an attempt to walk off the sugar. It was like trying to sober up in a way. I liked the chocolate pizza more than the Chihuly exhibit at the MFA that we had just seen. I can only speak for myself, but I think all three of us were giddy with chocolate. It was one of those experiences that you can say you had, but I doubt I will ever eat chocolate pizza again.

Last night was my last night in Boston. I went with a lot of people to 90's night. That's a nice, classic activity and was a lot of fun. My biggest issue is that I kept singing the new SNL Digital Short song over the 90's music that was playing. It is incredible how many songs easily fit with "This is the tale of Captain Jack Sparrow." That song has been stuck in my head for four days, thanks Michael Bolton. I am far from unique in this addiction. I even showed the clip to my mom who was amused despite never having seen Pirates of the Carribean. I also watched Drunk History with my mom (she did not appreciate it adequately) and Julia Child via Hulu (she appreciated this a lot more - weird).
At 90's night I reinvigorated a game of assassin that has been dead for at least 4 years and "assassinated" Foxy and Leah. I think I am currently winning that game, if only because no one else is playing. But that cannot stop my competitive spirit.

I had Anna's Taqueria twice. Still what is missing in the universe for me. Following my first Anna's outing (with Erica) we went to get ice cream. The store had a flavor called "Chocolate Ascendance" and I asked the girl at the register what was in it. This girl could not have been more unenthusiastic. She had to work give off the aura of unhappiness. She answered me, "It is like...chocolate ice cream with like...chocolate...brownies....and...chocolate...like...chips....and like...basically it's just a lot of chocolate." Erica died laughing at this girl once we sat down. I wanted to put her on suicide watch or at least ask her if she wanted to talk about anything. Come on, you work at an ice cream store: just how bad can your life be? Are you unhappy? Have some ice cream! We all scream for it.

Hrm, I just realized there has been a lot of chocolate in this post/the past week of my life. A trend to continue?

No comments:

Post a Comment