Thursday, May 19, 2011

Get A Room

For some odd and unknown reason I had an angry day today. Maybe it was the unoriginal, poorly written note I had to read for journal. Maybe it was the weather combined with my lack of a sense of accomplishment. Or maybe it was the couple across from me in the coffee shop who could not keep their hands off each other. I had to fight the strong urge to say, "Get a room! I am trying to read about internet privacy in the European Union and all I can see is you dirty hippies making out all over the place."

I had a free song download from Amazon (apparently for being such a good customer?) and couldn't think of anything to use it on. So I ended up with "Black and Yellow." As a result I constantly have that song stuck in my head and hate myself a little bit. Just about anything could be substituted for the words "black and yellow." Kerry said a teacher at her school made a song called "Math and Reading" to the beat. Erica mentioned something similar, the title of which I cannot recall at present. I want to make a lunch song called "Swiss and Turkey." Come to think of it, that could also be a geography song.

No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain is on Netflix Instant. This might take a while. I'm already going through Modern Family and Parks and Recreation. This summer, at Shaked's insistence and my interest, How I Met Your Mother will be added to the list. Also, I am currently reading Anthony Bourdain's book "Medium Raw." It is not as good as "Kitchen Confidential," which I highly recommend, but it is still amusing. Bourdain is probably more opinionated that I, and certainly more foul-mouthed. He is also a much better cook and a much better eater, so he can do pretty much whatever he wants as far as I am concerned.

People need to stop sending me links on gchat. I am beginning a new policy or rarely opening them. This stems from my previous experience of rarely being amused by the links I open. While the internet has many virtues (like permitting me to write this blog), it also has many problems.

1 comment:

  1. a. no reservations (the book and the tv shows) = fantabulousness, and bourdain is BADASS.

    b. I have all of How I Met Your Mother (slash, my roommate does). Come watch with Shaked and I! Win.

    ReplyDelete