Thursday, March 18, 2010

Now You Are Older

Since no one could decide what they were actually going to do for St. Patrick's Day, I decided to throw a party and nail down my own plans. I'm a man of action. You get some interesting looks carrying three cases of beer down the street, as I found out. You also get a sharp pain in your arms. The party started after my mock moot court. Yes, a mock moot. It is a fake run through of a fake appellate argument. You don't get much closer to being a fake human being than doing a mock moot. Thanks, law school. Anyways, back to the party. At the beginning I was kind of running around making sure everything was set up. Had to update my dying iPod, get speakers, etc. I also had to eat dinner, because beginning the night on an empty stomach would have been ingredient one in a recipe for a huge disaster. Around 9 people started trickling in and it worked out nicely. All told there were probably 20-30 people who came and went. We went through all the Guinness and all the Baileys (often used in conjunction). And other things as well - whiskey, wine, Goldschlagger (not very Irish, tsk tsk). A lot of people said they had a good time, that's a good indication. I certainly had a good time. Anat was very accommodating and had fun as well. Some neighbor, however, was not as thrilled. At 11:30 we get a loud banging on the door. "Alright, now it's 11:30, time to turn it down. That's enough." Alright guy, you got it. Turned the music down, didn't even bother to hush people . No further problems. Another good sign...until I get evicted tomorrow, that would be poor.
The evening included singing Dropkick Murphys songs, car bombs, discussing Magic Cards, and other St. Patty's Day traditions. I was informed this morning by Stephanie that I threatened to kill a lot of people last night. That sounds like something I'd do.
The night ended, as all good nights in Dupont do, with going to get jumbo slice at Alberto's. Nothing is better than watching a large, steaming pizza be taken out of the oven, cut into 4 slices, and being handed one of those slices. Mmmm delicious quarter of a pizza, you make me so happy. Anthony had two (codename: half a pizza). That probably sat well in the ol' stomach.

I may have gotten a little carried away in the spirit of the evening, however, and this morning I was not feeling my prettiest. But I did receive what I am dubbing the Text Message of the Week from Keara: "I am at work...still drunk. Victory!" sent at 9:06 AM. Excellent.
I also got a call from Emma, who I called last night. Emma told me that I left her a voicemail. I wanted to talk about something with her, but I knew that I wouldn't remember what I wanted to talk about so I told her to tell me to look at my facebook messages. I left myself a clue! I absolutely cannot believe that I had the foresight to leave myself a clue about what I wanted to talk about. That is actually amazing. I win the game.

One incident from last night that I just remembered: Ryan got stuck in my bathroom, honestly I think he was just too drunk to muscle open the door. I had to rescue him and in doing so I hit him with the door. He stumbled backwards a couple steps then just thanked me for getting him out of the bathroom - nothing about hitting him with the door. He proceeded to forget much of the evening. Then Notre Dame lost today and he proceeded to lose his mind.

Earlier this week I went to Boston Sunday to Tuesday. It was for a job interview on Tuesday, but I made the executive decision to skip the extra 2 classes on Monday to get to spend some time in Boston. Civ Pro and Con Law can wait. I played with lots of people, which was excellent. Nothing better than getting off the plane, eating at my favorite Chinese food restaurant, and then getting coffee with Shakedface. Of course it was raining all Sunday and Monday and after dinner with Shaked, Ron, Braver, and Yael on Sunday I had to go home to literally help my mom bail out our basement. After an hour or two my mom realized it probably wasn't going to help much more. We ended up with at least 6 inches of water in the basement. I think a replica Noah's Arc was floating around. I thought about buying some scuba gear. We called the fire department when there was only 3 inches of water and were informed that they wouldn't come until there was 6 inches. Also, we were around #150 on the list to be bailed out by the fire department. Tax money going to a good use!
Sunday night I also went with Shaked to briefly see some superstars including Ethan, Kuss, Ben, Keara, and Foxy Matt Brown who deserves special mention for speaking highly of this very blog.
Monday night Ron, Shaked, Ethan, Erica, and Chris (Erica and Chris also get special mention for talking about the blog) came to play and endured my necessarily being distracted by a fantasy draft. I'm not proud of being distracted...but I am proud of the team I drafted, so that's some solace.
Might I reinforce how great it was to see everyone who I saw? Yes, I might. And there, I just did. It was a rhetorical question, why did I answer? I don't know, I just did. There, another rhetorical question that I answered. I have to stop doing that - answering my own questions that do not necessitate answers. Gross. This is like not being able to understand my own sarcasm.
Tuesday was a day of sunshine and the interview. The interview went well, and hopefully that works out. But of course the day the sun comes out I went back to DC. Sad face. Back to the land of fame, excess, am I gonna fit in? Yes, yes you are, Miley. Because the next day was St. Patrick's Day which was a hoot and a holler. For a full description, begin this post over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment