Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Scandinavia

Civil Procedure exam was today. Half essay question, half 35 multiple choice questions. With the essay I felt pretty good. With the multiple choice I felt like a defenseless Scandinavian village while the questions were Vikings. Before the test our Professor told us that the class average on his multiple choice was around 55% He gave us 10 practice multiple choice questions, with 4 answers each, to help prep for the exam. Everyone got at least 6 right, and all 10 were very do-able. So we all walked into the test thinking 55%, yeah right. Right before the test, my professor gave us a little pep talk of sorts in which he told us a story. When he was in his bar prep class the Criminal Procedure lecturer told the class that at some point on the bar they would find a multiple choice question that they had no idea what the answer was. At that point, the lecturer advised them, they should mark down an answer, pucker their lips, and say "Kiss my ass." My professor then told us that within fifteen minutes of beginning the multiple choice section during the actual bar exam someone in the back of the room blew a kiss and audibly said "Kiss my ass." My professor, after relating this story, imparted the "Kiss my ass" wisdom onto us. Around question 15 of 35 I had to restrain myself from following the example of the man sitting for the bar. The multiple choice questions on the exam had 5 (not 4) answers and were often next to impossible to pin down the right answer. I constantly found myself choosing between 2 and sometimes 3 answers which was the most likely. What a mess. While I certainly did not get 100%, I hope to have a chance at over 55% I didn't feel that badly about it. Plus the curve can always save me. The worst part was really comparing the actual questions to the practice ones, and to the (really easy) multiple choice questions from our Crim exam. Well at least that's over, though I can't just forget everything about civil procedure since it is one, important, and two, I have it again next semester (read: shoot me now). But no use worrying about it at the moment. One more exam to go. Contracts. I'm going to own you like I own a harpoon that was taken out of a bluefin tuna (really, I do).

I think I'm becoming lactose intolerant. And not in the same way I am Republican intolerant. Every time I eat a bowl of cereal my stomach winds up hurting. And I think it's more likely the milk than the Special K causing that. Shoot. It's not like I drink that much milk, but I do love my cereal. It's not bad enough that I can't put milk in my coffee or eat unhealthy amounts of cheese, but still this is a bad sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment