Saturday, December 12, 2009

Pizza Box

A couple of nights ago I was hungry. It was 11 already, so I didn't really want to do anything big. I pulled out a pan and was hunting through the fridge to see what I could make, when all of the sudden my roommate comes home holding a huge pizza box full of left over pizza. Score! Sometimes things just work out. Best timing ever. Today I had some pizza for dinner. And some soup. I just got a little hungry and went to forage for more pizza, when I discovered the box was empty. For the past seven hours I have been refrigerating an empty box. God knows it would go bad otherwise. I feel like a moron.

Criminal Law final went a lot better than expected. For everyone else too. Because we are graded on a curve this makes me nervous. Or nervioso, as they say en espanol. Good thing it wasn't a Spanish test. I would have failed that. That would suck if we all thought we were getting a Crim test, but they decided to replace it with a random subject from our past. Like biology. I'd fail that. I don't even remember what part of the 'factory' of the cell the mitochondria is. Or ribosomes. All I know is that my cells don't have cell walls. But prisoners' cells do. And there we are, back to criminal law.

Shaked made me remember just how much I hate Coldplay. They are awful. Thank God I don't live next to piano boy anymore. If you don't know, piano boy lived in the apartment next to ours last year, and I shared a wall with him. He apparently had a keyboard right against my wall which he used to play "Clocks" incessantly and at all times of day. I would be reading for my thesis and bam, I'd be listening to an awful rendition of Coldplay. I'd be watching television, and all of the sudden: Clocks. The worst was when I had not been sleeping AT ALL because of my thesis and I finally fell asleep, when all of the sudden the haunting melody of Coldplay came dancing through my wall. I literally punched a hole in the wall I was so angry. I have no regrets. I didn't even get charged for it for Res Life.

After the final I walked to the White House with a few people and saw the national Christmas tree. It was nice, actually. There are toy trains all around it, which spoke to the small child in me. There were also smaller trees all around for each state...and territory. Yup, Guam has a Christmas tree too. What an inclusive holiday. There was even a Santa house with elves outside. My assumption is that the elves are just White House interns who picked the short straw.

Happy Hanukkah! Hooray for minor holidays that have been commercialized and adapted to compete with other religions! But still, the miracle of light, that's a cool thing too. For reals.

1 comment: