Sunday, October 18, 2009

Umbrella

Being in a Yankee bar was incredibly uncomfortable during a baseball game. While I was not wearing any Red Sox paraphernalia I did not want to cede the moral high ground to Yankees fans by pretending I was one of them. So what did I do? Root for the Angels and commiserate with the two other Red Sox fans who were also there undercover.

Yesterday it was awful out. Cold, dark, and rainy all day. It was a study/laundry type of day. I think I ate three bowls of cereal, but now I'm out of milk so I don't know how that's going to work today. Dry cereal? But I did get a lot of studying done. Woot. I ventured out of my apartment in the evening to go hang out with Gavi. On the way down the escalator of the Metro I got stuck behind a woman with a huge umbrella, just standing there. The escalator is covered, there was no rain coming down, but she's just standing there like the queen of the escalator, completely oblivious that maybe her 5 ft. wide umbrella is in the way. This is a long escalator, and I didn't want to wait for her to realize that once you have a roof over your head you no longer require an umbrella, so I politely said excuse me. I got the dirtiest look, like I had just told her she was so fat thatI was going to roll her down the stairs. Whatever lady, be considerate.

This damn news story about the kid who wasn't in the balloon in Colorado is the dumbest thing ever. It is still getting coverage. Now the coverage is of the coverage. Who covered it too much? Who made this into a story? Whose fault is this? It was a dumb story; the kid was in the attic, let's get over it and move on to real news. At the end of the day it's a story about a kid who wasn't in a balloon. There are hundreds of millions of people in this country who are not in a balloon every day. La-di-da.

2 comments:

  1. and now i'm cracking up in civpro. also, i am queen of the escalator. excuse you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you think it's awful there? we had at least 6 hours of snow yesterday afternoon/night!

    ReplyDelete