Monday, March 19, 2012

Surprisingly Tame St. Patrick's Day

So the weekend was highlighted by a brief visit from Matt Hope and a surprisingly calm St. Patrick's Day. Matt came to visit from Phillie during his spring break. Turns out Ph.D. students get spring break just like everyone else. Maybe they do have souls. It was great to see him - we ate bar-b-q, went to the bar, and got bar-b-q stomach aches. And reminisced about old times. I miss college, though I am about ready to be done with school after 19th grade.

"Motherlover" is heinously overrated.

St. Patrick's Day was an 11-hour apartment crawl. I kept a surprisingly even consumption pace, and easily avoided being one of those people puking in the street. Cause I wasn't on a street! Just kidding - it's because I drank responsibly like all those commercials tell me to. I hopped around with Ryan, Steph, Kerry, Puja, and a few other people. The highlight of the day was Shannon's boyfriend James getting drunk and becoming the most sarcastic person in the world. Eight (unwanted) drunk girls (really, they were not welcome) stopped by our apartment and Ryan suggested we play Kings. So we get literally three cards into the game when:
Drunk Girl: Oh, I know this great game we should play!
James: Oh could we do that right now? Let's just stop this game. Or would you rather just change the rules right now? What do Jacks do?
From then on every time the girl opened her mouth, James was sarcastically supportive and she was drunk enough to think he was totally on her side. I just laughed until Drunk Girls 1 through 8 finally left.

Tonight, my neighbors (from home) are in DC doing college tours. So I got taken out to dinner and chose District Commons. I had low expectations (take that, Dickens!) since last time I tried to eat there I was given a lot of attitude by a hostess for expecting to sit at a table without a reservation. There were fourteen empty tables, none of which I was allowed at. But my visit was pleasantly surprising. Turns out once you get by the hostess station, it's a good restaurant. Good food, quick and friendly service. And I didn't pay. What's not to like? Oh, the hostess. But we're over that, right? Right?? So District Commons gets a web redemption. (Apparently Daniel Tosh is my celebrity look-alike and act-alike).

No comments:

Post a Comment