Monday, March 5, 2012

Costco is a great place

I would say the highlight of my weekend was going to Costco. If only to congratulate myself for the awesome purchase of a 24-pack of Guinness in preparation for St. Patrick's Day. What forethought I have. Oh thanks, me. Between that and an industrial-sized pack of Cliff Bars, I feel that I made out like a bandit. Not to mention that cheap pizza and hot dog I had from their vendor. The $1.50 hot dog-soda combo they offer restores my faith in humanity. I love knowing they can profitably sell that delicious due to me every time I visit.

Besides that, it was mostly research for my antitrust paper and being weirdly tired. Damn you, coal industry for being unnecessarily opaque in terms of production and pricing data. You are making my paper much more difficult to research. Sounds thrilling already, doesn't it? Oh, you want more? Well I am writing about a merger between coal firms in the Southern Powder River Basin of Wyoming, the largest coal-producing region in the country. I know it's thrilling. Please, hold your applause.

My plane ride tomorrow will be full of coal mergers and editing 2L note drafts. 'Cause I'm going to San Francisco! I believe the appropriate words are "Oh yeah!" I'm meeting up with Dave and staying with Blake and Emma. It's going to be magical. In preparation I've been listening to nothing but "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay". Now I am curiously depressed to visit California. I'll have to mix in a little "California Love" and "California Dreaming." And "California Girls." Hey, why are there so many songs about California? And so many movies? They think they are better than the rest of us?! Well listen up hippies, I'm coming to prove you wrong. This thought took a belligerent turn. It needs more Tupac. And the Eagles!

Alright, I have to pack. But I promise there will be California updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment