Saturday, September 17, 2011

Senioritis - 3L Style

At school, all of my friends - all of them - and even some people I'm not friends with have constantly been talking about how bored they are and how useless classes seem. We all seem to have hit the 3L slump. Hitting it hard. My friend Sarah, a goodie-two-shoes by any measure, has stopped doing reading. It is brutal. "The first year they scare you to death; the second year they work you to death; the third year they bore you to death," is the aphorism and it really is holding up. Luckily, I have an internship to distract me from the motivation black hole that is law school. And I will finally be starting this upcoming week. It only took the first three weeks of school to get all the necessary approvals. Thanks for holding up lots of my paperwork, school. I appreciate it. But I really am looking forward to beginning work.

It is alumni weekend at my law school. I scoff the very idea. I understand that I may eat my words later for whatever reason, but as things stand now I will never donate a dime to my law school. I'm all about undergraduate alma maters. Who roots for their grad school's sports team? Unless you are really in need of something to root for. In that case, I would recommend rooting for the Red Sox. Woo!

Also, I'm glad that NFL football is back. It gives purpose to Sunday afternoons and provides a respite from the homework that has been sitting around since Wednesday.

They say wine makes you sleepy, so I tried to take a nap today cuddling a bottle of chardonnay. It worked though, I got an hour of sleep in. Next time I'm going to spoon with a fifth of whiskey and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment