Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Love Solid Food

It's amazing how much you appreciate solid food once you can no longer have it. For medical purposes (don't worry, I'm fine) I just ate my first meal in two days. It was General Gao's chicken and it was delicious. But this Thanksgiving, one of the things I am thankful for really might be the ability to eat solid food every day.
And my goodness, I drank literally two gallons of Gatorade yesterday to keep something in me. I am keeping that company in business. I'll throw it out there - blue is the best Gatorade. And orange is clearly the worst.

The Red Sox really need to pick it up. My advice is to stop sucking. Especially the starting pitching. John Lackey, I am looking at you, don't even try to hide in the corner.

My Professional Responsibility professor could make that class a lot more tolerable by speaking in clear, concise sentences. It would translate into notes much better. And it would clarify the rules. Instead, this is the kind of thing we listen to for two hours: "The test is two parts, with the first part being whether the lawyer has moved from one firm and is currently working at another firm, and this does not apply to secretaries, paralegals, or any other non-lawyers because they are regulated differently under the comments to Rule 1.10 which makes a difference between lawyers and non-lawyers because..." Now at this point, I have stopped paying attention and taking notes. But the problem is that it's a two part test. Remember he said that an hour ago? So if I tune out, I don't get the second part of the test. There is so much information in that sentence that it is impossible to write it all down. But its also redundant and/or useless information. Here is my proposal: "The test is two parts, with the first being whether the lawyer has moved firms and the second being whether the lawyer had a former client conflict. This test does not apply to non-lawyers..." and then he can go on and on with extraneous information. Complete sentences is what I'm asking for. End the run-ons. I don't need twelve clauses per sentence. Is that too much? Out of a lawyer? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment