Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ruby Tuesday's Is Hereby Pronounced Awful

I am better than Ruby Tuesday's. That terrible suburban institution with an overpriced salad bar that masquerades as a restaurant. That Applebees-wannabe. Heck, Ruby Tuesday's would like to be Chili's. It does not deserve the Rolling Stones song I associate with it. Last night I ate at Ruby Tuesday's (it was at least my second mistake of the evening) and ordered some barbecue chicken with two sides. The sides were fine (broccoli and potatoes) but the chicken was atrocious. It was cooked into rubber. And my waitress...could not have cared less about my predicament. So I ate my sides and the garlic bread, while my main course just sat there and was eventually cleared away. It was like going to bed without dinner. I am underweight right now and need to protein up. Bring on the protein! But, alas, there was nothing edible about that rubbery barbecue concoction.
So this afternoon, I whipped up some random chicken concoction in my kitchen. Just to prove that I can cook better than Ruby Tuesday's, that heinous establishment. And you know what? My chicken was cooked well. You could taste the food. Ruby Tuesday's threw a 6-hour old hunk of overcooked meat on a plate and smothered it in sauce, hoping I would forget that I ordered chicken. Well I did not forget. Now, Ruby Tuesday's, you should come try my chicken. It's a new recipe. I call it, Better-Than-Ruby-Tuesday's chicken. No, I'm not spiteful at all.

In Public Interest Lawyering, The Incredible Hulk sat behind me this week. It was only a partial success. It was good, in that I could actually see what the hell was going on in the room. It was bad in that The Incredible Hulk seems incapable of sitting in a chair like a human being. So he kept stretching out his legs and kicking my chair, bag, and computer cord. Then he would retract his feet, cross them in the conference room chair (really, are you five??), then uncross, stretch, and repeat. And he doesn't respond to my pseudo-Pavlovian training! Every time he kicked my chair, I turned around and gave him an aggravated look. But he failed to get the message. Stop kicking my chair, The Incredible Hulk! Act more Bruce Banner.

The rest of the week was highlighted by a poorly timed fantasy football draft. The draft was at 7. I had a meeting at school at 8. So I had to draft the entire meeting and stay at school afterwards. And I couldn't pee, the entire time. Very frustrating. Big problems. Whatever, the meeting was useless anyways. Moot Court Board - what's that mean anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment