Thursday, June 2, 2011

How Did Offices Run Before Outlook?

Two things I consider hilarious happened yesterday. First, when I walked into the office in the morning a new blackberry was sitting on my desk waiting for me. Midway through the second week of work I finally get one, alright! Only it turns out that the blackberries that the summers get cannot make or receive phone calls, nor can they text message. All they can do is give us our calendar and our email from Outlook. And we can surf the web (hang ten dude!). I am amused by how obvious they make it that the purpose of the blackberry is so that work can reach you at any time. Perhaps the honesty is refreshing?

The second hilarious thing was that the summers in my office all left our harassment training early. How will I know what is appropriate behavior in the workplace? The training (via videoconference, mind you) ran long (due to every bullet point on the presentation being accompanied by a personal anecdote from the employment lawyer). And we had Westlaw training scheduled right after it, so our recruiting coordinator shuffled us on to the next thing. Can someone please tell me what is an "ok touch" versus a "not ok touch??"

If Joseph A. Bank goes out of business as a clothing store, I think it should re-open as a financial institution. It's got the description right there! Also, I really hope it derived its name from someone saying to his five-year old son Joe, "I really need an ATM. Look Joseph, a bank! What luck!"
[I just got a suit from Jos. A Bank, so it's on the brain.]

I want to use my blackberry for evil, but I am not even sure how to accomplish that. They just seem like devices so easily used for morally questionable reasons.

I have never seen Cats, and I am not sorry about that. How, then, do I have songs from Cats stuck in my head? Get out of here, Magical Mr. Mistoffelees!

I can't decide what I dislike more: humidity or people who stand on the left side of the escalator. It's a real toss up.

I got my hair cut this morning before work. I think that's a sign I am becoming a 'real adult.' Next I will have to learn the trick of how to get a haircut and not wind up with hair all over my button down shirt. I don't understand. I wore my undershirt while getting the haircut. I got my hair shampooed. I did the rub-your-head-to-get-all-those-last-trimmings-out thing outside the barbershop. And I still ended up picking hair off my shirt all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment