Friday, April 29, 2011

Why are so many people born in April?

It's been a week since I finished finals. The week went by quickly, although I am not quite sure what I have been doing. I went to two baseball games - a Nationals/Mets game for Jason's birthday and a Red Sox/Orioles game in Baltimore with Nakul. Both teams I rooted for lost. An Orioles fan heckled me after the game. I wouldn't be a true Bostonian if I didn't heckle him right back: "Hope you are looking forward to last place at the end of the year." For some reason just having a Red Sox hat on makes me feel like I have more leeway to be a jerk. People will understand my attitude and give me a wide berth. Despite the Sox's (not uncommon for this season so far) loss, Camden Yards is a really nice stadium, and it was good to see Nakul.
I do not understand how there can be a baseball game in town that does not sell out every night. Coming from Fenway, Nationals Stadium and Camden Yards are alien to me. You can walk up and get cheap seats. You can also walk up and get expensive seats, but why bother? The refreshments are still expensive though, so that's "nice" and familiar. I started to ask why they don't serve Fenway Franks, but then I remembered that I'm dumb.

DC has already gotten hot enough that it is unpleasant to go outside. Luckily, my building turned on the air conditioning just in time. But every time I leave, I think that I am exploring my way through a swamp. Then I remember that I am indeed trudging through a swamp, just a swamp with pavement and taxis. The swamp creatures on the Hill also help remind me. Hey-yo, awful political joke. But seriously folks, DC is hot and humid. Now what's with airline food...

I've been reading "All the Pretty Horses" by Cormac McCarthy. He sure knows how to write a novel. He also knows how to give a manly book a prissy title.

No comments:

Post a Comment