Monday, March 14, 2011

Here I Am; Rock You Like A Hurricane

Yes, I know it's been a long time. But I've been busy. For one thing, Shaked came to visit last week. We did all kinds of crazy crap. Eastern Market, American History Museum, the mall, the Portrait Gallery. Wild times. Actually there were: watching the Food Network (for 3 hours)...which led to getting Amsterdam Falafel after Trivia Night, getting angry at the idiot Trivia host, getting angry at people in general, etc. It was quite nice to have her around.

Four Loko ain't as potent as the media likes you to believe.

My editorial board competition ended in success: next year I will be a Notes Editor. Whoops dee do. The finals step in the application process was an interview (read: inquisition). It involved sitting in a chair in front of the current 24 board members and being peppered with questions. Some of them were standard, and received standard hot air answers ("What leadership experience do you have?"). Some of them were difficult and not particularly probing questions ("What three words would you use to describe yourself?") And one of them was downright terrifying; that question was "I see you have lots of comedy on your resume, could you tell us a joke?" That translates to: "Be funny. Go." Difficult to do on the spot. Luckily, I had thought of a joke (or at least a Deep Thought) the night before while washing my hands:
When dyslexic zombies come back to life, do you think they crave Brians?
Say what you want, but Shaked laughed the night before. So that's what I went with. It went over alright, with a moderate amount of eventual laughter (it's kind of a thinker). Overall, I thought the interview did not go very well. It took maybe 11 minutes of a schedules 20. But it worked out in the end! Editorial board/resume padding, here I come.

The National Portrait Gallery proves that in college we were cutting edge. Thanks Alexis Rockman! Thanks to Shaked, I basically got a guided tour of that exhibit.
Also, the Portrait Gallery has the silliest portrait of LL Cool J. Donated by LL Cool J. Go figure.

Running soon after eating eggs benedict is not the best decision you can make in your life.

I think I want to watch How I Met Your Mother. I'm eager to find out the answer.

St. Patrick's Day was widely celebrated in DC on Saturday. I watched someone vomit on the roof deck of the Big Hunt. At 6:55 pm. A little early, no? We left that bar at 6:56.

Picking classes for next semester is getting annoying. Tentatively, I am going with:
Evidence (all but mandatory for "lawyers")
Professional Responsibility and Ethics (mandatory, but you might not think so for "lawyers")
Trial Advocacy (I need a skills credit, and this is a "lawyer"-y thing which feels appropriate)
White Collar Crime (maybe? or Antitrust? or Bankruptcy? I just don't know!!!! I assume an appropriate defense will be "Your Honor, I only wear blue shirts.")

What else?
The Social Network was good. Definitely not Movie of the Year good, but good.

The only other thing I have to say is nerdy. Here it is: I love fantasy baseball. Women clearly do not understand fantasy sports, especially not the concept of a mock draft, sometimes referred to as a fake fake game. Yes, yes it is. You'll never understand! You're part of the system.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't the fact that it is a fake, fake game, a double negative, making it a real game? I mean 0 - -2 does equal 2.

    ReplyDelete