Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Yesterday morning I walked out of my apartment without my coffee. It was because I had not yet had my coffee that I forgot it. What a vexatious logical loop.

Happy St. Patrick's Day. I'm not Irish, but I'm from Boston, so that half counts, right? It definitely counts today. Strike up the band. No, not the orchestra, the Dropkick Murphys. Unless the orchestra has bagpipes. That would be neat.

I think I'm never going back to that trivia night again. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. So, shame on me, but I am learning from my lessons. Categories I have no knowledge or interest in include: tv spinoffs, obscure volcano locations, and surfing. Categories that were present at this week's trivia include: tv spinoffs, obscure volcano locations, and surfing. On top of that, the host is supremely unfunny (despite what he believes), arrogant, and often times incorrect. Simply unacceptable, and I am done.

2 comments:

  1. Vexatious. Now that is a fun word choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I gave up on trivia when they had a whole category devote to Poetry.
    ... but I’m one of those suckers who keep going back with the hopes that they'll have a category directly made for me.

    ReplyDelete