Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Taste-o-Vision

I have been neglecting this blog. I know it. But maybe that's because the most interesting thing I've done recently was correctly predict the winner of the MLB Home Run Derby (Prince!). Studying for the bar continues. At least tomorrow marks a milestone: the last day of lectures! I am positively wild-eyed with excitement. It means there's more time in the day to sit down and learn the material. More importantly, it means I never have to outline my lecture notes again. That is easily my least favorite part of my day to day routine. So...huzzah for that being over.
Last week I had a simulated exam over the course of two days. Well, most of an exam. There was a simulated 6 hour multistate exam, but only a half day local essay exam. The multistate went pretty well. It made me feel like I'm on the right track. Like I can actually do this. The local day made me...not as confident. I learned that I really need to work on essay writing. And I should probably learn property law.

This week is Ryan's bachelor party (Thursday) and wedding (Saturday). Besides saying mazel tov to him, I want to admonish him for picking a wicked inconvenient weekend to get married. Two weeks before the bar? How inconsiderate! But I'm pumped for both the bach party and the wedding. I'm also pumped to see a bunch of people at the wedding. All the improv people and other college people. Not the crappy people though. They know who they are. (Note: I actually don't know who I am referring to.)

I've been having trouble sleeping the past few nights. My favorite 2 AM sleepless pastime is watching the Food Network. But it comes with its perils. It's a really terrible feeling to 1) not be able to sleep and 2) really crave a surf and turf prepared by Bobby Flay. I'm really thinking that the Food Network is a perverse form of torture. Until they make taste-o-vision! I'll be the first in line at Best Buy for that. When I'm 106 years old. And probably don't have a lot left to live for, so I'm willing to give something that dangerous a chance. Whatever. It's a long way off.

No comments:

Post a Comment