Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Weakest Link

I went into today feeling good, not great about Computer Crime. As the day progressed, I felt better and better. Remember the curve. In the morning, I was studying with a friend when three other people in the class came over and started asking us questions. That was fine for a little, but after a while it gets annoying. I'm your classmate, not your tutor. I'm happy to help, but not teach you the things you totally missed. Studying with more than three people is almost always a waste of time, so I declined the invitation to go "talk about possible policy questions" in the afternoon. My best guess is that was code for "reassure ourselves that we'll be fine despite not paying much attention during the semester." I didn't really need to do that. I find it a better use of time to study rather than to wallow.

The review session was also confidence-inspiring. A kid spent five minutes asking our professor about mens rea requirements. And not some nuance in the law. He didn't understand the role of the jury in determining whether a defendant did something "knowingly" and how you would go about proving that. The concept really baffled him. Dude, you introduce evidence and elicit testimony. That's how trials work. Always. You should have learned that in 1L Criminal Law. Actually, you should have learned that watching "Law and Order." You are the weakest link, goodbye.

That awful feeling when all the sports teams you care about lose in the same night.

1 comment:

  1. Hi WILL,

    I am agree with you that Studying with more than three people is almost always a waste of time. I appreciate the way of telling the Weakest Link in this post. its really impressive.


    Michigan DUI

    ReplyDelete