Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Post-Graduate

So I took a little break from blogging. My official bar studying program (Barbri) starts tomorrow, so blogging is back to being an outlet for everything angry, hilarious, and random in my life. Especially because I will have limited human interaction for the next two months while I study. Boy, I can't wait to start! Actually, I can't wait to get the bar over with, to be an esquire.
In the meantime, I went to Boston, had a great time at the BG alumni show, attended an awesome gay wedding as Shaked's plus one, engaged in Grad Week festivities (most notably a memorable boat cruise on the Potomac with an open bar, dancing, great views, and better friends), got sick, got better, and finally graduated. There, now I am caught up. That (run-on) sentence makes me realize how little actually happens on a day-to-day basis. Life is all in the commentary.

Today I gave myself a paper cut on the lip while I was licking the envelope for a thank-you letter. It turned the graduation gift into a quid pro quo. No pain, no gain type of moment. Daniel Day Lewis predicted this: there will be blood.

Yesterday's Memorial Day came with bar-b-que festivities at Damien's house. It also came with 90 degree weather and a lot of sweat. The bar-b-que was entirely meat. Left to our own devices, an entirely man-planned bbq will not have side dishes. Diversity of foods means including hot dogs and chicken on the grill. What more could you need?

The real fun starts tomorrow when I get to listen to the Corporations I lecture for four hours. I actually want to start barbri; everyone else seems to have already begun. It makes me feel like I am missing something and causes unease. It also means that no one has time to hang out, so I might as well be working myself.
This set up where I start my preparation for the Massachusetts bar this week is another thing designed for New Yorkers to feel superior. The New York bar prep started last week, so my New York peers have been looking down at us inferior, "easier" states. Oh New Yorkers, you so silly.

Oh, and Dave is moving down here on Friday to start a new job. I am pumped for that. A friend from high school leaves (Rebecca) and another one comes. Fair deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment