Thursday, June 21, 2012

Heat

So there's no way to stop LeBron. Congratulations Heat. Rueful congratulations. And premature - I'm still watching the game, but I don't think you can jinx something you don't really want to have happen.
Speaking of heat, is hit 100 in DC today. I liked it. I was inside most of the day watching a 3:40 Con Law lecture that moved painfully slowly and bracing myself for my nemesis: Torts. I start barbri's lectures on Torts tomorrow. In law school it was probably my least favorite class. Worst grade, worst experience, worst everything. And I'm waaaay behind everyone else since my 1L Torts professor, praised be his name (in his own head), taught us a crazy, biased, law and economics version of torts. Now, learning torts the regular version is totally different. The rules are clearer. We don't do comparative economic analyses, for one thing.

Other people are getting a little taste of the barbri Property lecturer. She is proving to be quite divisive - people love her or hate her. Or both. Most people start out loving her, but by the third day of her singing popular songs with words about Real Property out of key, people tend to turn to the dark side. I can't imagine why. 5 weeks and I'll have something else to talk about.

I'll smack you in the mouth, I'm Neil Diamond.

Kerry and I decided tonight that Jay-Z did not invent swag, as he claims on "Otis." Rather, it was a little known chemist from UCLA, Dr. Charles Swaggerstein who invented swag as a mistake while he was working on the Manhattan Project in 1942.
Jay-Z remains a Criminal Procedure expert, however, knowing his "glove compartment's locked, so is the trunk and the back, and I know my rights, so you gon' need a warrant for that."

No comments:

Post a Comment